Many of the components needed to design and build fuel systems to meet upcoming EPA regulations are new to the marine industry. Proven automotive versions of these components have been in use for decades. Rather than recreating these components, we have elected to partner with one of the premier brands in advanced automotive fuel systems. This allows us to offer boat builders and tank manufacturers the components needed to comply with upcoming environmental regulations, all with the benefit of automotive quality standards. Perko is the exclusive distributor of DELPHI marine canisters.
Our partner, Delphi, has been manufacturing carbon canisters for over 40 years. They supply many of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and have attained the coveted Q1 quality rating from Ford. By partnering with DELPHI we are able to offer products that have been tested to automotive standards for safety and reliability.
Standard Automotive Designs
- Round Partitioned Family
- Designed for cost competitive world market
- Sizes currently available in production: 600, 700, 750, 850, 1200, and 1500 cc
- Small Rectangular Family
- Designed for US market with enhanced evaporation ORVR 1.5 L, 1.85 L and 2.1 L
- Large Rectangular Family
- Designed for trucks 3.1 L and 6.2 L enhanced evaporation 3.1 L ORVR
- Designed to meet specific customer requirements
- Emissions regulations
- Environment (Vibration, Temperature, Alcohol Fuels, etc.)
- OBD II devices
- Custom canister design process
- Computer designed to fit in vehicle envelope space
- Size and partitioning optimized with math model EVAPWIN
- Delphi validated features added to assure carbon pack durability
- Elliptical Tube Family
- Designed for marine application
- 0.5L, 1L, 1.5L, 2L, 3L, 4L
- Optional protection from heat
Delphi Canister Development
- 1968 - Development of nylon canisters
- 1970 - First production of canisters for evaporative emissions
- 1992 - Development of canisters for enhanced evaporative emission regulations and first production
- 1995 to 1998 - Rollout of enhanced evaporative emission canisters
- 1985 to 1995 - Development of systems and canisters for on-board refueling vapor recovery
- 1998 - Beginning of rollout for on-board refueling vapor recovery canisters
- 2002 - Beginning of ORVR canisters with integral vent solenoids and dust filters
- 2003 - Beginning of PZEV canisters with hydrocarbon scrubbers
- 2004 - Beginning of LEV II canisters with carbon bed partitioning
- 2005 - Development of marine canisters and NMMA boat test program
- 2009 - Marine canister production
Raval was founded in 2000 as the development and marketing facility for venting valves following 5 years of valve production by its parent company, Raviv ACS Ltd. For the first decade of its existence, the company was based at Kibbutz Revivim in the Negev Desert adjacent to Raviv which specializes in plastic injection molding. In 2002, as the company extended its activities in the European automotive market, a facility in Luxembourg was established.
In recognition of the burgeoning East Asian automotive industry, a plant was established in Shanghai in 2007. In April 2007 an IPO for Raval was launched on the Tel Aviv stock market and as such, Raval assumed full control of the production facility for venting valves at Kibbutz Revivim. In 2002, as the company extended its activities in the European automotive market, a facility in Luxembourg was established.
With the continuous expansion of our development, production and sales, the facility at Kibbutz Revivim could no longer offer sufficient space so in 2010 Raval moved to its present location in a suitable building in the Emek Sarah Industrial Zone of Israel.
- 100% of Perko’s valves are assembled and tested at the Rochester Hills, Michigan facility.
- The Raval Group maintains a quality management system conforming to the requirements of international standards: ISO 9001-2000 and ISO TS 16949 and environmental and safety systems conforming to the requirements of international standards: ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001.
- The Raval Group target is for 0 PPM.
- The quality and environmental management system ensure efficient and controlled performance, product design, manufacture, delivery and reliable customer service.
- All quality requirements are specified in quality procedures which were formulated in collaboration with Raval employees.
- The quality management system is constantly reviewed and updated.
- All products have 100% traceability.
Raval Product Testing
Raval facilities are equipped with the most advanced testing and measurement equipment. This equipment has been developed by our core engineering team and has become the standard equipment for all our labs.
Testing and validation include some of the following: